In school I’m sure we all have written an essay on “My Mother” but do you ever wonder why we connect the word ‘mother’ to the earth or nature..?? I guess it’s because we relate the
word ‘mother ‘with care and giving. But for some reason I wanted to look up for
the exact definition on google (well let’s just say we all have the habit of ‘google’).
I knew exactly what it meant for I have lived with one all my life. A mother is
more than some woman who brings a new life to the world. Yes! God chose to give
this right to women but I guess he introduced a little of himself to every
mother, making them by default the most selfless creatures on earth. Love,
care, tenderness, warmth these are a few words I can think of right now as I
begin to attempt to describe Gods greatest creation that I’m so thankful of ‘MOTHER’.
I’m not going
to jot down every detail or things my mom has done for me for if I begin to
even try that I’d end up writing a novel, well that’s an idea…. My mom is 50
now that means she has spent almost half her age loving and nurturing me
selflessly. Seriously 50 years loving someone like me and I ignore her at times
for a guy I met recently or maybe because I want to hangout have fun with my
buddies. My mother never got the chance to complete her studies as my grandpa
died when she was eight and grandma struggled to bring up three kids so she
gave up her education so that her brother could go to school…..and I am not exaggerating.
She is the
cutest when it comes to cheering me up because I get upset and have mood swings
and sometimes I lose my cool and shout on her not my proudest moment but she
never complains. She is my bestfriend and actually knows everything about me
even when I never sit and tell her things, she just knows…… from the favourite ice
cream flavour to what cheers me up when I’m low….. well there is this puppy face
she makes when I’m upset or angry about something random “my mood swings”…..you
just can’t help but smile. She knows me not because she gave birth to me but
because she chose to love me from day one no questions asked and she has never
stopped loving me not even in my ugly times when it is hard to be around me.
Last week I was talking to her about how one of my friend is lucky to
have a mother who can give her career advice and help her with it…..I didn’t
realise it will stay with her as I was just talking and stating something
without the realisation of what she would feel……. I have no idea if it hurt
her. She brought a newspaper the one with employment news and circled out some
options for me ……I cried that night realising how stupid I can be some time but
she didn’t complain….well she never does. The thing is I know that I’m lucky to
have her as my mother and I wouldn’t survive a day without her…… but I never
say it out loud.
“We all
know that we can’t stay without our mothers but …..Do we say it enough??? “
No comments:
Post a Comment